Sunday, January 10, 2010

work in progress























oh dear, it doesn't look like much does it?
Painting is strange, it has to go through ugly stages, well at least mine do, and it seems the uglier I let it be in the beginning, the happier I am with it in the end.
I think it has to do with being free and loose with the painting and trusting the process. If I try to control it, I lose.

Tomorrow we go back to our schedules again. I loved the extra time with the kids on their snow days, but we all need our routines. Next week my class starts up too, psychology of the exceptional child. I'm hoping for a good professor, it makes all the difference.

4 comments:

Sleepandhersisters said...

I struggle with those ugly layers sometimes too... and trusting yourself and the process is the key. Sometimes I forget.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Ugly stages are essential! Also, it is important not to give up in the middle of one.

I'm enjoying the process of your painting. Thanks for sharing it.

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

oh how true! is there a special reason for taking psychology of the exceptional child? it sounds intriguing!! thanks, wanda

sarah said...

Wanda, the class is part of my degree I am working towards, a BFA in art education. I have two theory classes left, this one and a learning and literacy course, then all I have left is a couple art history, which I adore, and my methods of teaching art classes. The theory classes have been very hard for me to take, let's just say, not my cup of tea, so I am just trying to get them out of the way!