Tuesday, January 20, 2009

what would be day 20

this should be day 20 of art, but alas, I have done none today.

I started a new semester of school today, so I was anxious...

Anxious about my classes.

Anxious about starting a new schedule and breaking the little routine my family and I have set up for the last month and a half.

Anxious about not being home as much.

Anxious about the sitters (my brother and his girlfriend) who will come to our home two evenings a week.

Anxious about art getting pushed to the bottom of the priority list.

and on and on

Some of my fears have been laid to rest already.

I LOVE my classes. Media & Techniques in Art and Fibers & Textiles.

The fibers class sounds like it will be a 16 week long communal quilting bee. Eleven students sitting around a table sewing, dying fabric, paste papers, embroidery, felting and more.

Media & Techniques is an Art History class but we get to do art projects in it. Yay! One painting, a drawing, printmaking and something else I forgot. Field trips to galleries and demonstrations in class.

I will only be gone Tues and Thurs 3 - 9, so still home the other 5 days a week.

I think it will all work out.

So, no painting today, but I will begin again tomorrow, and I WILL keep it a priority.

3 comments:

Valerie Lorimer said...

Don't beat yourself up! Your classes sound awesome, and you are right...it will all work out. You're on an adventure.

Anonymous said...

Yes - those classes sound amazing...lots of people i know (including me) are feeling the same way about the impending juggle of 2009. But an adventure sounds like a great way to look at it....

Carina said...

Just take a deep breath every now and then, and you'll find that it will be all right. Sixteen weeks from now you'll look back and wonder how it all passed so quickly.
Enjoy this new adventure.