Monday, January 26, 2009

I can't believe the month is almost over!



blue dress

I have to thank Misty Mawn for challenging us to the 31 days of art in January.
January is a long cold month. I usually experience a let down after the holidays, and all I see ahead is long, grey days.
Because of this challenge I have been much preoccupied. My days have been filled with Quinacridone Burnt Orange and Yellow Oxide and Titan Buff.
I have experimented more and I believe grown more than I have in a year.
I will take from this the knowledge that hard work will get you everywhere.

I believe in February I am going to slow down just a bit. I will be attempting "Art Every Other Day"

Then who know? In March I would like to go back to art every day.

We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this painting is AWSOME... and so are all the others. i feel the exact same way about this month of journaling... it has taught me so much about myself!

sarah said...

thanks!
The most important thing I learned is that I can paint everyday, I have lots of ideas, and actually the more I work, the more places my art goes.