Sunday, March 15, 2009

Leprechaun Trap

Today Paul and I decided to make a Leprechaun trap. He came up with the basic design and I followed orders. I always have to fight the urge to 'guide' him, but when I let go and let him be the decision maker, it is more enjoyable for everyone.

His sign says "NO TRAPS AHEAD"























So there is a ladder for the Leprechaun to climb up, a golden path to lead him on, the rainbow with some gold pieces behind for the ultimate bait. Notice the flowers...












































Whoopsy, Mr. Leprechaun! Don't be so greedy next time!

But to Paul's credit he is very concerned about the hypothetical prisoner. He wants to add water and food and a blanket to keep the wee creature comfortable.
Lucky for me, Leprechauns are very wily and can escape most situations, so after taking the gold, they usually leave something in exchange, like some chocolate, and are on their way.

2 comments:

JolieArt said...

That has got to be the most adorable, wonderful, kooky thing I have ever seen! Well done to Paul, who clearly has a fantastic imagination.

Unknown said...

This is so cute!
I love doing art projects with my kids. This one is adorable!
Chrissie