Sunday, June 22, 2008

Forever

Conversation with 4 year old son

Paul: I don’t want to marry Lila (sis) when I grow up.
Me: That’s fine Paul, no one said you had to marry Lila. You will choose who you want to marry some day.
Paul: I don’t want to marry ANYONE when I get big.
Me: Then don’t marry anyone, you don’t have to get married if you don’t want.
Paul: I don’t want to go to the ball and get married, I just want to live with you.
Me: You can stay with me for as long as you like.

I'm acutely aware of how fleeting this mommy love stage is, and believe me, I'm eating it up.

2 comments:

sUz said...

hi sarAh,

Great convo - it made me giggle :)

iN jOy,
sUz

Anonymous said...

OHHHH Sarah, I know abot those conversations....soooo stinkin sweet....My boy said the same sort of thing awhile back. He is 7 now and I wonder if he feels the same?