Sunday, April 05, 2009

IF = Talisman

3. Talisman: anything whose presence exercises a remarkable or powerful influence on human feelings or actions.























The monarchs arrive, for a day or two every summer, then they are gone. They conglomerate around my purple butterfly bush, all oranges and blacks, and I feel lucky. I take my children outside and they laugh and chase the butterflies and I feel lucky again.

Mixed media collage on 3/4" select pine
9" x 7.5" x .75"

Print here
Original on ebay later tonight.

16 comments:

soulbrush said...

what an evocative image.

juanpablito said...

love your style..!

David Opie said...

Intriguing image and a great style!

Indigene said...

Lovely imagery!

Sarah said...

That is a lovely painting and I love the story it comes from. I love Spring for that very reason-that everything is so fleeting and you have to actively appreciate it before it is gone.

lil kim said...

very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Very emotive quality.

edward and lilly said...

I absolutely adore your work! Would love to feature it on my blog sometime if you don't mind the use of your images?

holly aka golly said...

Your work is lovely! So dreamlike.

Valerie Lorimer said...

Absolutely beautiful, Sarah! I received a blog award that I'd like to pass on to you... Check out this
page for the details: http://valerielorimer.blogspot.com/
No worries if you're not into the whole tagging thing, I hope you don't mind that I linked you.
All the best - Val

milanrubio said...

I like this one.

Coreopsis said...

Lovely bush and butterflies! It is indeed a blessing.

Tessa said...

Gorgeous - as is all your work. Just sublime!

MAJA said...

Wow! It's so interesting how we interpreted Talisman in similar ways!! Your work is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I really like the way you use the maps - they are nice on the clothes, but on the skin they add so much, both random texture of skin and wrinkles and the metaphorical layers.

valerie walsh said...

very beautiful indeed! i love butterflies too :)